Sunday, July 09, 2006

My World Cup Fever has broken!

I didn't have much of a World Cup fever. I watched part of a couple of matches (like the tie between Sweden and Trinidad and Tobago and part of a USA match and part of the England final game) but didn't get to involved with the whole thing. I would check on how Paraguay did but that was about it.

I tuned in today to catch the final minutes of the final game today, just in time to see the replays of the French dude head butt the chest of an Italian player. I thought it was hilarious that a star player could lose his cool at a crucial moment and may have cost his team the game. Who knows what the result would have been if he had remained in the game. Regardless, France lost, Italy won. Between those two teams, I was pulling for Italy anyway. I felt a little more connected to Italy, having spent 4 months there a few years ago. Besides, who likes the French anyway?


We hit the Rock Island Trail again today. We didn't quite go as far as we did yesterday, but we were close. I think we got in a little over 14 miles. Our goal was to go just past the 7 mile mark to this mulberry tree that has huge, ripe mulberries that are easy to reach. I took a couple of pictures and posted them.

We rented a some DVD's this weekend. A Dirty Shame stars Tracy Ullman, Johnny Knoxville, and Selma Blair. It was pretty much retarded. I don't think John Waters should be given any more film to make movies. Ultra Violet was much better but still not very good. The Hills Have Eyes rounded out our trio of stinkers. But please don't let my opinion prevent you from renting these on your own. I think a bad review sometimes makes a movie better. Go in with low expectations and come out saying "It wasn't that bad!"


Gotta go shower. Check out the pics on Flickr.

No comments: