Wednesday, July 12, 2006

"Stop touching my butt!!"

Monday was my day off. We work a compressed schedule and so I get a day off during the week. I used to get just about every other Friday off, but I recently changed to Mondays off. So we left Lourdes with the neighbors in the afternoon for a few hours so we could see PotC: Dead Man's Chest. We enjoyed the sequel almost as much as the first.


We met up with the neighbors afterwards at the ballpark for their boys' baseball game. Lourdes was happy to see us but she had a great time without us. She didn't want to sit still for the game; she kept running away. I had to chase her a couple times and bring her back to where we were sitting. As I was carrying her, she started shouting "Stop touching my butt!!" Of course it seemed like everyone was looking at me at that moment. For the record, I was not touching her butt.


Took Pancho to the emergency room the Saturday night. Not sure what happened but he was very distressed and shaking and occasionally yelped in extreme pain. The vet examined him and determined that his neck was sore. We think that maybe he fell down the stairs while we were gone that day.


Dover got neutered a few weeks ago. I had asked about the removal of stitches, but was told he had internal stitches so there was no need to come back. Well, I thought maybe the stitches that I could literally see on Dover's junk were the kind that dissolve after a few days/weeks. Well the were still there today so I called the vet. They looked up his chart and said that he didn't have stitches. I explained that he really did have stitches and that I wasn't just imagining them. They suggested I bring him over for a look. Sure enough he did have stitches (I told them he did!!) and the vet hadn't annotated the chart correctly. They promptly removed them and we were on our way.


I had told Raquel on Monday that I didn't have to go to work on Tuesday because I was scheduled for a workshop/class on datacomm at a local vendor. Tuesday morning I got up and headed up to the local gas station for a cappucino and I called Adam's office to make sure he wasn't there and that he was on his way to the class. Well he was in the office and had forgotten about the class, but he wasn't worried because it was actually on WEDNESDAY!!! Needless to say I felt foolish and had to go back home to put on my uniform.

2 comments:

Deb said...

I'm glad you're updating more frequently, Dwayne.

Anonymous said...

Dwayne,ok here's the thing if you have time to comment on what Greg & Deb write on their blog could you update on yours please,I have no life.