Thursday, July 17, 2003

Greg seemed to be quite pleased that I started my blog. He mentioned it in both his webpage and his blog. Can't wait for the t-shirt. By the way Greg, you have http: twice in the link to my blog so it doesn't work.

Work is sort of settling back in to normal. We finished the floor and the painting is done. Now we just need to finish tidying up and get on with the day-to-day stuff. I've got a young lady that needs training, but I need time to prepare and time to do other things at work. I wish I had at least one day a week or maybe every two weeks where I could work on things without interruption.

Looking forward to a three-day weekend. I really hope to get out on the motorcycle. Raquel loves riding too. We've only gone for a couple of rides, the longest being about 50 miles. We need to ride up to Wisconsin to visit Greg and Deb so she can see if she really likes riding.

I want to see a couple of movies this weekend. Unlike Greg, I can still get out and see movies whenever I want. Raquel loves going to the movies. Even though she can't understand very much english, she enjoys them anyway. I would like to see The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and Johnny English. I saw that Jon didn't give League the highest rating, but I've never read the comic book so I don't have expectations. But I know where you're coming from Jon.

I forgot to mention that we went to a concert last Sunday evening. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers came through Peoria and the base had a bunch of free tickets. Of course the seats were in the nosebleed section, but free is free. Luckily for us, the gentleman who runs the civic center used to work at our base and he upgraded our free tickets to darn-near-the-stage tickets. The opening act was Mavis Staple. I must admit I had never heard of her or the Staple Singers before, but she/they were pretty good. After a short intermission, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers came out. Now I must admit, Tom Petty has been around for a long time and has lots of hits, but I never really would have thought about going to see him in concert. But I'll tell you what, those guys were awesome. I wished we could have stayed for the whole show, but there were several factors that caused us to leave after about five or six songs. First, I'm old. Second, I had to work the next day. Third, it was really loud (see first point). Fourth, the dogs were loose in the house (okay they didn't have access to carpetted areas, but loose is loose and see previous post about housebreaking). Fifth, it was smoky in there for a No Smoking arena. Sixth, I'm old. But did I mention that these guys are awesome? I hate going to a concert only to have the artist butcher the songs, but these guys sounded better than their studio versions. Honest.

Well I should close now, I've neglected my beautiful wife long enough sitting here in front of this blasted computer.
Bye

No comments: