Monday, March 08, 2010

Shrimp tacos

My day off should have consisted of me sleeping in, sitting on my butt for a few hours in front of the computer catching up on my Google Reader, sipping coffee, finally getting a shower, and then off to see a movie.

I did get to sleep in compared to normal but I still ended up getting up about an earlier than I hoped. I did get to sit on my butt in front of the computer for a while and sipped a bit of coffee but it was much less sitting and sipping than I wanted. And I didn't take in a movie.

I did take the digital cable DVR box to the cable company to swap it out for one that works. I just got digital cable 10 days ago and the box crapped out already. Of course it was a used box and so is the one I got today. The old one started making lots of noise and then when I recorded something, it gave up the ghost. Or maybe a ghost possessed it because it would randomly shut off for no reason. So now I have a new used one that has a smaller footprint and I got it up and running. I also took the time to tidy up the RG-6, telephone lines, power cords and ethernet cables (how exciting, I know!)

I also went to a home improvement store to get some plywood for the new bunk beds. I dutifully measured the bed prior to going there so the guys at the store could cut the wood to the appropriate size per my memory. Just a note to anyone that may find themselves in a similar situation: WRITE DOWN THE MEASUREMENTS.

I then went to pick up the mattresses for the bunk beds and headed home. I got the mattresses inside the house and we went for lunch on the way to take Teddy to a combination follow up appointment for an ear infection and 18 month check up. He's actually 20 months but we (meaning me) failed to schedule the 18 month check up.

When we pulled in to the doctor's parking lot, he knew where we were and started getting fussy. He doesn't like the doctor, well technically the things the doctor and nurses have done to him. He had croup last November and it was a very traumatic experience for him. So everyone endured his crying and he got three shots. Despite all the crying, he didn't put up too much resistance to all the poking, prodding, and measuring. As the nurse and doctor left the exam room, he tearfully waved goodbye to them. Next checkup is scheduled and no more shots (except annual flu shots) until school. Teddy was happy to get out of there and hit the road. He sat right down in his car seat and didn't offer the least bit of resistance.

Back at home, I found that the wood was four inches too long (I've never had that problem!). I visited a friend and had him cut down the plywood to the necessary length. Back at home again, we got the plywood and mattresses in place and decided it was time to go eat and grocery shopping.

We went to Taco Bell (because it's cheap and sort of tasty, mostly cheap). We all had our usual orders and sat down to eat. Then I noticed the sign outside was advertising shrimp tacos. I had to try one. In fact, Lourdes had to try one as well. So two shrimp tacos it was! Lourdes dug in and decided she didn't like it. I dug in to mine and thought it was really good. If you like Taco Bell and you like shrimp, then I think Taco Bell has something new that you should enjoy. If you try it on my advice and don't like it, then I'm sorry. If you do like it, then just start getting used to the fact that I have good taste, and I'm smart, and I know what I'm talking about!

No comments: