Monday, March 01, 2010

Broken Streak!

Yesterday evening, I sat down to post something, anything to continue the streak I had going. I had posted every day this year (plus a couple extra). I must have gotten distracted by news headlines or something shiny, but the next thing you know I turned off the computer without posting. As I was getting ready for work this morning I realized that I failed to post a blog entry yesterday. I felt really bad about it.

I know most of my posts have been boring, but at least I'm posting. I'm not going to let the broken streak deter me. I will do my best to post something everyday, no matter how boring.

So the ups and downs of Rivermen fanaticism are in full swing again. They won on Friday against the first place team. That gave me hope that they can salvage the remainder of the season. Saturday they played the second place team and were winning until the other team tied it with 11 seconds left. The Rivermen went on to lose in a shootout. Disappointing, but they obviously played well enough to go the distance.

Sunday was a completely different story. The Rivermen played the third place team and did an adequate job for one period. Then they slowly let it get away from them to the tune of a 4-0 loss. They couldn't even manage one measly goal to stave off a shutout! The season is quickly coming to a close and the playoffs are slowly slipping out of reach. COME ON GUYS! YOU CAN DO IT!!

2 comments:

Greg said...

NOT BORING! Very cool and I look forwared to reading your stuff every day.

In fact, you've inspired me. I'm to try and post at least once a week (at least for a while) starting this week.

My word verification for this comment is, "ballsaf". Sounds like some kind of ointment.

Dwayne said...

"Got itchy balls, use new and improved BALLSAF!"

Thanks for the comment! I'll try to keep up the daily posts.