Saturday, August 30, 2003

I don't think so.

Well another week has gone by. We survived the babysitting ordeal last Sunday. Actually Adam's kids were really good except the little one constantly wanted to pick up Peanut. Three year olds just don't have the agility to properly handle a puppy. Poor Peanut is not very big overall, but he is surprisingly long, especially when he stretches out. Zoey loves Peanut and would not let him be. She was very good with him when she was sitting and he was on her lap, but she couldn't pick him up without choking him. He tried to escape under the bed once and I saw her drag him by the tail before he could get far enough under. I tried to explain to her that if she doesn't leave Peanut alone, he will become scared of her and will simply hide when kids come around or even worse, bite them. I don't think it sunk in entirely, however she does remember that my cat scratched her face a couple of years ago under similar circumstances.
We didn't go to a movie with the kids because there weren't any suited for kids that Raquel and I hadn't seen already. We took my niece to see Freaky Friday (which I actually enjoyed), we took another niece to see Spy Kids 3D and Finding Nemo. We actually had taken Adam's kids to see Nemo previously, and the little one said she wanted to see it again, but I really didn't want to see it for a third time right now. Maybe I should have gone to see it again, and again, and again to get used to watching the same thing over and over in preparation for our kid. Maybe I'll just lie to my kid and say the VCR/DVD player can only play a movie once a week. Maybe I'll just give in and let the TV/VCR/DVD player babysit my kid like so many other parents do.

We'll know more about our kid this Wednesday as we go to the OB for the first time. Poor Raquel has had a lot of morning sickness but 7-UP and crackers seems to help. We should start bargain hunting for baby stuff. Soon it will be getting cooler and the garage sale season will be over. We also need to buy some maternity clothes for Raquel. So many things. If only we knew what size diapers the kid will need, we could start buying some now and start stocking up. I can just see me at Sam's Club next year hauling out a case of Pampers every week. And baby food. Maybe our baby will be born with teeth and will eat real food right away. There's always plenty of our food left over. Maybe our baby will get potty training done in record time. I think 2 weeks is reasonable. Don't you?

No comments: