Saturday, August 30, 2003

The answer, my friend, is duct tape.

I was thinking about diapers today. I'm not very familiar with the latest developments in diaper technology so hopefully what I was thinking about doesn't even matter. I was thinking about how sometimes a diaper comes undone on one side or the other and what to do to resolve this problem so as not to waste a perfectly absorbant diaper. The first thing that came to mind was a hot glue gun. After careful thought, this didn't seem like a good idea because I don't have a glue gun. Besides, if I did, I would have to wait for it to heat up and that would probably take too long.
I thought about SuperGlue, but I was worried I might glue my fingers together. Boy would I feel stupid with my fingers glued together.
So then I thought of stapling the diaper. But I ruled that out rather quickly, sharp edges, might cut myself.
Rope? Not practical.
Belt? No loops on a diaper.
Duct tape? Of course, the handyman's secret weapon as Red Green would say. And duct tape comes in various colors now so it could conceivably blend in with whatever fashion statement the baby is making.

No comments: