Sunday, February 14, 2010

In touch with my inner redneck

Today was a lazy day. We kicked off the day exchanging Valentines. I read Horizon's Unlimited's latest e-zine and then we played a little Wii New Super Mario Brothers. We have gotten through all the worlds (eight of them) and are now in Bonus World Nine. In World Nine, there are eight more levels that correspond to the first eight worlds. The only way to enter a level is to have earned all the Star Coins in that world.

I also watched 90% of NASCAR's Daytona 500. I enjoy stock car races but I'm not a fanatic. I rarely watch a race these days, but I like to catch the highlights. I occasionally keep an eye on the standings but I don't get worked up over who's winning.

I watched the race on the new small high def TV we have in the bedroom. I really love HD!! When the kids get a little better, I want to get a large HDTV for the living room. I don't think we watch an alarming amount of TV, but watching things in HD is amazing! I'm afraid to get one right now because I fear the kids will break it. Teddy especially loves throwing things. He threw something the other day and broke a picture frame.

After the race we played a little more Wii. We were able to make it through World 9-1 and then headed back to World 2 to try to get all the Star Coins. I think this will take a while to get through.

No comments: