Sunday, February 21, 2010

Losers and winners Part 2

My friend Adam was going to work on his truck this morning so I though I might go over and give him a hand. I stopped at the Circle K (there were no strange things afoot) to get me a foo-foo cappuccino and a coffee for Adam. I decided to get a $2 lottery scratcher as well.

So I made it to Adam's house and he was just finishing up (actually giving up). Damn my good bad timing! Oh well. I went in and played Super Mario Brothers on the Wii with his youngest daughter. Before we started I scratched my lottery ticket and won $25, woo hoo! We played Wii and finished the last three levels of one world and finished all but the very last of the next world.

On my way back home, I cashed in the lottery ticket. I pocketed $15 and spent $10 on a couple other scratchers (bingo style). At home, Raquel played the bingo and we won $20! This evening we went to a hockey game and on the way there I cashed in the winning lottery ticket. I pocketed $10 and bought a $10 scratcher. This time the ticket was a loser but I was still ahead $23 (remember the initial $2 investment for all you math wizards).

It was a family day event at the game meaning there were kid bouncy houses, face painting, balloon animals and $1 hot dogs, cokes, and chips. Lourdes got her face painted and was finished just in time to get to our seats before the puck dropped. Picture taken with my Blackberry - not the best camera ever.

From Sluggo is YoYo

The Rivermen went on to lose yet again. They actually won on the road last night, but managed to lose at home. I'm very frustrated with the whole hockey thing right now - the losing of games and raising of prices. I'm ready to give up on this season. Unless they immediately turn things around, they won't make the playoffs and that will make three out of five AHL seasons they've done that. The two times they made it into the playoffs they didn't make it out of the first round.

Okay enough whining. I'm still a devoted fan (mostly) and I'll get at least one season ticket for me and weekend game packages for the family.

As I was prepping the picture of Lourdes, I found one of her from a few years ago when she had her face painted at a game.

From Sluggo is YoYo

Of course I'm partial but I still think she's cute!

No comments: