Monday, February 08, 2010

Trying out the new camera...

I've been wanting to buy one of those little HD video cameras like the Flip. The cameras on our phones don't do very good video and neither does our digital camera. So while we were doing our grocery shopping, I went over to the camera section and looked at the limited selection. There were only about four different styles of these video cameras and not a lot of information about each one. I tried to Google the different models on my Crackberry but for some reason it wouldn't connect to the internet.

I ended up going with a Samsung HMX-U10 because there was a lack of information on a JVC model, the Flip was more expensive, and a Sony Webbie just look like it was asking for trouble. I charged up the Samsung and played around with the controls a little. It's all touch control which frankly I'm not too sure I like yet. Instead of being buttons that get pressed, they are buttons that respond to touch. Well, if you aren't careful you will inadvertently touch a button and cause a function to start or stop when you don't want to.

Here's a sample picture taken with the new camera:

From Sluggo is YoYo

Next I need to learn about the video part of it.

No comments: