Sunday, January 10, 2010

-12F

Driving to work this morning, the thermometer in my truck was showing the outside temperature to be -12F (-24C). That's freeze-the-snot-in-your-nose cold!! At work, there are public address announcements to let us know the current wind chill (or real feel temperature) and appropriate work/rest cycles for those who have to work outside. It seems that the work/rest cycle is always 40 minutes work / 20 minutes rest (warming) once the temp is below about 25. There have been a few times when I think it's too cold to walk from the parking lot to my office, let alone work outside for 40 minutes. I'm glad my primary duties don't take me outside for very long!!

The Rivermen lost this afternoon to Milwaukee. That's two losses in two days. Hopefully they'll get there act together. December was really good to the Rivermen (or rather the Rivermen were really good in December).

It's bedtime now, night night!

No comments: