Monday, January 04, 2010

Read with Dick and Jane

Lourdes is halfway through kindergarten and will be six years old in a couple of months. She had really great teachers in her pre-k and currently has a terrific teacher that really loves her students.

I have been reading to Lourdes for a while, but now the tables are turning. She started reading to me. She started with some books that focus on a particular letter or sound and then progressed to Dick and Jane books. As long as she stays focused, she can read really well and I thoroughly enjoy listening to her read. I'm proud of her.

As I type this, I'm eating Ben & Jerry's Cake Batter ice cream and it is yummy. I'm trying to pack on a few pounds before this weekend. We'll be kicking off a Biggest Loser competition this weekend. I absolutely plan on winning as well. I've really let myself go and need to use this competition to jump start a change in my eating habits and start working out again. I hit the gym for a couple months in 2008 right before we went to Paraguay and it worked wonders for me, but I've lapsed in to a steady stream of late night cookies and milk and little to no exercise. In the mean time, I've got to finish this ice cream and pass out.

No comments: